We like giving our developers opportunities to do cool things with Ionic. Since today is Star Wars Day, we want you to Become an Ionic Jedi Hackster (hackathon) for a chance to win the Archon v2.1 Lightsaber from UltraSabers.com!
How to Become an Ionic Jedi Hackster
Beginning at 12am EDT tonight (Friday, May 5 2017), developers will have 48 hours to create the most creative, cool, and fun Ionic application using the Star Wars API! Do you need some inspiration? We came up with a few ideas to help the force flow within you…
- Build your own lightsaber app
- Jedi or Sith Personality Quiz app
- Name that character app
- Movie Trivia app
So I bet you’re asking yourself, “This sounds awesome! But how do I Become an Ionic Jedi Hackster?”. Glad you asked…
Ionic Jedi Hackster (hackathon) Rules
In order to be eligible for judging, developers must adhere to the Ionic Jedi Hackster rules:
- Developers must honor the Ionic Code of Conduct
- Create an Ionic account (if you don’t already have one)
- Developers must use the Ionic v3 CLI to create and develop their applications, to authenticate into their Ionic account, and to upload their application to Ionic
- Developers must use a PUBLIC Github Repository for their work, and will be required to provide the URL as part of their entry. The source code must be complete and available for Ionic staff to review
- Developers must use the Star Wars API, available here: Star Wars API in their apps
- Developers must use Ionic View Sharing to create an app ID that will be required while submitting your application for judging. There are directions below on how to use Ionic View Sharing
- Developers must register to submit their app to Become an Ionic Jedi Hackster before 11:59pm EDT on Saturday, May 6th 2017 to be eligible for judging
How to use Ionic View Share
- Make an account on apps.ionic.io
- Locally make your app
ionic loginand login with your apps.ionic.io account
- You’ll see
Successfully uploaded (YOUR\_APP\_ID)
- Share your app ID with us so people can check it out in Ionic View!
- To check something out in Ionic View, download the app, login, and type in someones app id after clicking the EYE icon in the top left.
Got questions…? ask in #ionic-jedi-hack channel on Ionic Slack Worldwide
Judging of the submitted applications will be entirely at the discretion of Ionic staff (don’t worry, we will judge fairly). Judging will be completed and the winner announced on Friday, May 12, 2017.
- Was the submission received before the 11:59pm cutoff on Saturday May 6th, 2017?
- Is the appID provided by the developer valid and does it load in Ionic View?
- Does the app load?
- Does the app include the Star Wars API?
- Creativity: How creative is your submission?
- Uniqueness: How unique is your app compared to other entries?
- Fun-Factor: How fun is your app to use?
- Cool-Factor: How attractive is your code, and the experience it creates?
Now, young hacker…you will code
Happy Hacking, and May the Fourth be with you…always.